Cheap Cars with good gas mileage
Getting good gas mileage doesn't mean you have to buy an expensive car. In fact, many of the cheapest cars out there have some of the best MPG ratings on the market. If you are working on a budget, you will find you can save on gas and save on the price of your car as well.
- Toyota Prius This is the most expensive car on the list, but compared to some other cars, it is still fairly cheap. The Prius costs $24.200 and is one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market. With 51 MPG on the highway, and 48 MPG, it is an ultra low emissions vehicle as well.
- Toyota Yaris The Yaris is another Toyota that makes this list. There have been lease offers on this car for as low as $139 a month, and it runs around $17, 000 new. It can get 36 MPG on the highway, and 30 MPG in the city. It is also an ultra low emissions vehicle.
- This is Hyundai's entry level car. It can get 37 MPG on the highway and 28 MPG in the city. Its price has gone up and there is no 3-door version anymore, but it still starts at only around $14, 500.
- This car gets 39 MPG on the highway, and 30 MPG in the city. The base 1.6 model starts at $12, 780, and there are upgrades available on top of that.
- Chevy Spark A Chevy Spark can get 38 MPG on the highway and 30 MPG in the city, which means a full tank can usually yield about 330 miles on the highway.
- The Fit costs a little over $15, 425. It offers EPA fuel economy estimates of 33 MPG on the highway, and 27 MPG in the city. It is also an ultra low emissions vehicle.
How Important Is Gas Mileage When Buying a Car?
Having good gas mileage is a big factor when it comes to buying a new or used car. In tough economic times, having the best fuel economy will save you the most money. Even a couple fewer fill-ups equals hundreds of dollars in saving. The average fuel cost for most people is around 1000 to 1500 dollars a year. However, others are paying 2000 dollars and up because of their gas guzzlers. With the recent global push to save the environment, and money, more buyers want fuel efficient and clean cars.
Many car commercials push to sell you on the fuel economy of their cars versus their competitors. It is often the biggest factor when buyers are looking for cars now. Not only can you help save the environment by emitting fewer toxic chemicals, you can also save a ton of money by having a fuel efficient car.
How to Get Better Gas Mileage
There are many things you can do that are simple fixes you may not have known about that can help you increase fuel economy.
DiabloSport I1000 inTune Vehicle Programmer
Automotive Parts and Accessories (DiabloSport)
What are some cheap, reliable cars with good gas mileage?
Hondas and Toyotas are both known for both reliability and good gas mileage. Honda Insight get's 60 miles per gallon!