Natural Gas Products of Combustion
April 29, 2015 – 12:34 pm
We will now look at six products of combustion:
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Sulfur Dioxide
- Nitrogen Oxides
- Particulate Matter
Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
Carbon dioxide is the principal product of combustion of fossil fuels since carbon accounts for 60–90 percent of the mass of fuels that we burn.
China has emerged as the largest single emitter of energy related CO2 emissions, reaching an all-time high of 8320 million metric tons of carbon dioxide in 2010. United States emitted about 5610 million metric tons in 2010. The chart below shows the trend in carbon dioxide emission from 1980. Asia and Oceania, particularly China ad India emission can be seen to increase significantly in the past two decades.
Source: US Energy Information Administration: International Energy Statistics
Each of the end sectors (users) and their contribution (percent) to the overall CO2 emissions is shown in the table below.
Energy-Related CO2 emissions by source and sector for the United States, 2011 (Million Metric Tons)
1= preliminary data
Data was pulled from the US Energy Information Administration
In 2010, 41.9 percent of U.S. fossil-fuel emissions came from the consumption of petroleum products, and coal usage accounted for 35.4 percent of U.S. fossil-fuel CO2 emissions. About 22.5 percent of the CO2 emissions were as a result of natural gas use.
Carbon Monoxide (CO)
Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a colorless, odorless gas that is formed when carbon in fuel is not burned completely. The figure below shows the contribution of various sources to the emissions of CO:
Carbon Monoxide is a component of motor vehicle exhaust, which contributes about 55 percent of all CO emissions nationwide. Other non-road engines and vehicles (such as construction equipment and boats) contribute about 22 percent of all CO emissions nationwide. Higher levels of CO generally occur in areas with heavy traffic congestion. In cities, 85 to 95 percent of all CO emissions may come from motor vehicle exhaust.
You might also like
Products of Natural Gas and Crude Oil - Part 6 of 6 MINING ...
Combustion of natural gas explained
ARIKON Plug-in Gas Alarm Detector with Talking Alarm, Digital Display and 9V Baterry Back Up
Home Improvement (ARIKON)
- 1.The product is a smart combustible gas detector with voice prompt, microprocessor control, support displaying of the gas concentration. When trigger the gas detector...
- 2.Human voice prompt and high reliable catalytic combustion method
- 3.High Reliable Catalytic Combustion Method and Gas Concentration Displaying (PPM)
- 4.Intelligent microprocessor control and auto low battery warning
- 5.Alarm memory function and auto detect sensor failure
Hayward H400FDN Universal H-Series Low Nox 400,000-BTU Natural Gas Pool Heater
Lawn & Patio (Hayward)
- New polymer header provides superior hydraulic performance to save energy and protect against the damaging effects of erosion
- Forced draft system constantly moves air through the combustion chamber at a precise flow rate, eliminating all outside weather variables
- Patented single header V baffle design heat exchangers allow for long life, fast heating and virtually no condensation
- State-of-the-art fin plate heat exchanger with cupro nickel
- Easy-to-read LED Control panel provides digital temperature readout and diagnostics for quick identification of components that might need service
Combustion of Natural Gas
Magma Products Monterey 2 Gourmet Series Gas Grill, Polished Stainless Steel
Sports (Magma Products)
- New beautiful rounded edge design Redesigned dynamic combustion system New electronic ignition
- Made in the U.S.A. Constructed of 100% 18-9 marine grade mirror polished stainless steel Full double lined lower shell Hermetically sealed thermometer
- Equipped with integrated fold-away legs Locking front access grease tray 12 x24 main grilling area 5-1/2 x24 secondary grilling area
- Uses standard 1 lb. disposable propane canisters or adapts to on-board LPG or CNG systems
Royal Purple 11722 Max-Clean Fuel System Cleaner and Stabilizer - 20 oz.
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Royal Purple)
- 3-in-1 fuel additive keeps new engines clean and improves vehicle s performance
- Improves fuel economy an average of 3.2 percent
- Increases horsepower an average of 2.6 percent
- Reduces hydrocarbon, NOx and CO emissions (on average 12, 13 and 18-percent respectively)
- Prevents rough idle, hesitation and stalling
JAPAN FIGARO TGS813 TGS-813 Combustion Gas Sensor Methane Butane
BISS (T&F Elec)
- TGS813 main parameters:, voltage:
- General purpose sensor with sensitivity to a wide range of combustible gases, High sensitivity to methane, propane, and butane, Long life and low cost, Uses simple...
- The sensing element of Figaro gas sensors is a tin dioxide (SnO2) semiconductor which has low conductivity in clean air. In the presence of a detectable gas, the...
- A simple electrical circuit can convert the change in conductivity to an output signal which corresponds to the gas concentration.
- The TGS 813 has high sensitivity to methane, propane, and butane, making it ideal for natural gas and LPG monitoring.